Friday 15 November 2013

15. interview analysis

1) What do you like about E4?
The majority of answers I got from this question were that they enjoyed the shows that E4 broadcasted because they were fun and amusing. From this information, I made sure that my ident was fun and amusing so that it appeals to my target audience. I achieved this by making my main character melt and then get eaten by a monster.

2) What is your favourite program on E4 and why?
Most of the people I asked this question to said that The Big Bang theory was there favorite because they found it funny and amusing. So, for E4 to keep getting viewers and therefore better ratings, they should show more Big Bang theories because thats what the majority of the viewers want to see.

3) What time do you usually watcvh your favourite program?
The majority of people I asked this too said that they usually watch their favourite show at 8 p.m. This gives E4 a good indication of the peak times for them to broadcast their shows. So from this information, I would broadcast my ident at 8 p.m. so the majority of my target audience see my ident.

4) What do you like about the E4 idents?
Nearly everyone I asked this question too said that they loved that fact that the idents are totally random and fun and that alot is happening all at once. So, this information can help E4, becuase now they know what the viewers want to see in an ident. From this information, I made my ident totally random and fun to appeal to my target audience. I achieved this by a random volcano erupting.

5) Do you like the current E4 logo and colour scheme?
Most of the people I asked this question too said that they love the purple colour scheme because it is unique and that the logo its self is fun and interesting. However, a few people said that the logo can be sometimes quite hard to read. From this information, I stuck to the purple colour scheme, but made sure that the writing stands out to my target audience.

6) Do you prefer animated or real life idents?
The majority of people said that they prefer animated idents because they are more fun. However, some people said that they love the fact that E4 do a mixture of both real life and animated idents because they are unique and fun. So from this information, I made sure that my indent was aimed to appeal to the majority of my target audience.

7) What do you expect to see in an E4 logo?
Everybody I asked said that they would expect to see the purple colour shceme, for the logo to be fun and interesting and to also stand out. From this information, I stuck to the purple colour scheme and my logo stands out to my target audience. I have achieved this by making my logo different and unique.

8) How would you improve the E4 logo?
A lot of people said that they wouldn't change the logo. However, the people that said they would change the logo said that they would change the size, either bigger or smaller, and that they would put a background behind the logo. From this information, I put my logo on a background to my my logo appeal to my target audience.


















1 comment: